The Masters in Aviation Management is a two year course designed for graduates with a degree in engineering or business who aspire to a fulfilling career in civil aviation. It is also ideal for professionals in civil aviation who wish to continue their education to enhance their efficiency.
The principal aim of the course is to equip students with the technical knowledge and skills to pursue careers with international airlines, airport authorities, aviation logistics companies, aircraft manufacturing firms and regulating authorities on local, national and international levels. The course is also designed to expose practising professionals in civil aviation to the latest knowledge and trends in the industry.
The course is structured to produce a new generation of professional managers in aviation who will be prepared to face new challenges posed by a strategic, fast-growing and technologically important aviation industry.
The programme is a collaborative effort between Ghana Telecom University (GTUC) and Wildau Institute of Technology, Germany.
Who Should Enrol
The programme is designed for students with a university-level qualification in engineering, business or closely-related fields.
The Master’s in Aviation Management is a two year programme offered over four semesters. Students will spend three semesters on the course work while the fourth semester is devoted solely to the Master’s project work (thesis). Assessment is based on a combination of formal examinations, oral examination and a project work.
The course focuses on three main areas of competence:
Business Administration and Management
Human Resource Management
Supply Chain Management
Managerial Accounting and Corporate Finance
Principles of Civil Aviation
Aviation Engineering and Technologies
Aviation Law and International Agreements
Civil Legal Framework of International Aviation
Safety and Security
Manufacturers and Maintenance
Aviation and Society
Management and Social Skills
Leadership and Motivation
Decision making and Problem Solving Techniques
Negotiation and Presentation
Cross Cultural Communication
- A first degree (not below second class lower division) from a recognized university with a major in engineering, business or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant working/professional experience
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point
- Must pass an interview.
An applicant must also submit the following to the Graduate Centre:
- A completed postgraduate admission form
- An official transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited and degree-granting university or college in the specified areas.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to judge the candidates probability of success in pursuing a programme of study leading to the masters’ degree.
The tuition fee for the programme per semester is as follows:
Programme Ghanaian ($) Non-Ghanaian ($)
MAM 2,500 3,500