GTUC, in collaboration with Aalborg University, Denmark has introduced a PhD programme in Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology (ICT). The PhD programme aims at educating top quality telecommunications and ICT professionals.
The PhD programme addresses the expanding needs of professionals who manage information resources, solve ICT related problems in businesses and other organizations, or educate and/or train others in fields related to the applications of information systems and communication.
The Doctoral programme is an intensive programme designed to develop practitioners and teaching faculty with very high levels of both technical and analytical expertise in specific fields in telecommunication and information technology.
Who Should Enrol
The PhD programme offers exciting professional and career opportunities for professionals and teaching faculty who have a solid academic grounding in Telecommunication Engineering, Telecommunications Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- A master’s degree (minimum grade point average of 3.0) from a recognized university in telecommunication engineering, telecommunication management, computer science, information technology or related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant managerial/professional work experience
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point
- Must pass an interview.
NB: Applicants possessing a master’s degree in a field of study other than Telecommunications or ICT may be required to take additional preparatory courses.
An applicant must also submit the following to the Graduate Centre:
- A completed postgraduate admission form
- An official transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited and degree-granting university or college in the specified areas.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to judge the candidates probability of success in pursuing a programme of study leading to the PhD.
The tuition fee for the programme per semester is as follows:
Programme Ghanaian ($) Non-Ghanaian ($)
PhD 4,500 4,500
Application for admission to any of our Graduate programmes should be submitted in person to the Information Centre/Graduate Centre at GTUC – Tesano. Admission forms are available online at www.gtuc.edu.gh and at the Information Centre.